Sales executives are always looking for ingenious ways to engage their teams.
Here are some of the most common scenarios we see:
- My top sales performers are doing well, but they’re having trouble “moving the middle.”
- Our brand new product just launched, but we haven’t had the fast start we were hoping for sales-wise.
- Our salespeople turn up to work every day, but they just don’t seem motivated or fully engaged.
If any of these sound familiar, then a) you’re not alone and b) you may be in need of a new type of sales contest. Problem solved.
Games are an effective tool because they address a person’s intrinsic need for competition, achievement, status, and rewards. People are emotionally drawn to these experiences and because of that, the impact of using games to prompt desired behaviours has been proven successful many times over in business situations.
Case in point:
- For one telecom customer who was looking to increase video sales, we incorporated game plays into their call centre environment. Not only were they able to drive over 95% engagement among their call centre reps, but they also increased product sales by over 30%.
- Another BI WORLDWIDE customer was looking for an effective way to ramp up their workforce and onboard new technicians more quickly. By creating a gamified onboarding “launch pad” that focused on skills they needed to be successful in the technician role, we were able to decrease the average onboarding time from five months to three. This also resulted in a 20% increase in productivity among new technicians.
Whether your particular goal is to reinforce the behaviours that drive business or recognize specific achievements, games can help. You can use simple, short-term structures to drive immediate activities or introduce complex, multi-layered paradigms that maintain focus and commitment to a particular goal over time.
Creating the right mix of sales incentives and games can provide a particularly compelling and sustained experience that can be used to accomplish a variety of business goals, like:
- Increase sales
- Reverse lagging profits
- Sell more service plans/contract services
- Increase qualified referral acquisitions
- Maximize new product introductions/sales
- Reduce abandon rates, cycle times or incidents
- Drive behaviour-based activity
- Increase CRM adoption
Sales contests are an effective motivational mechanism. Games have the ability to surprise and delight. The combination of the two is a proven way to fully engage your teams and increase revenue.
Our newest engagement strategy—Game Arcade—offers a simple, fast, and unique method to reward the outstanding performance of your sales teams.
How Game Arcade works:
- Participants can earn game plays for performing or completing desired activities.
- They’ll be notified of available plays through a Game Play email and a banner posted on their BI WORLDWIDE program website.
- Each play has a winner and award levels are based on a pre-defined game payout matrix (so there are no budget surprises!)
- Participants will earn points that can be redeemed for ultra-motivating, ultra-customizable reward options through our Experiences Marketplace and Merchandise Marketplaces.